Fisherman Rib Blanket Pattern
Knit a cozy, plush blanket with our Fisherman's Rib Blanket Pattern! Inspired by the famous fisherman sweater style - this blanket is made with the Fisherman's Rib Stitch, which creates a lofty, stretchy and plush fabric.
This stitch differs from regular ribbing (alternating knits and purls) because the knit stitches are knit into the stitch below. Don't be intimidated - this stitch is extremely addictive and if you know how to knit and purl, you will catch on quickly!
The pattern includes URL links to custom video and photo instruction for each step! This project is recommended for intermediate knitters who have experience with the knit and purl stitch.
- Small - 24 in. W x 28 in. L
- Large - 30 in. W x 40 in. L
- Needles (click here to purchase from Smoke & Slate)
- Size US 15 Circular Needles, 80 cm or longer
- Yarn (click here to purchase from Smoke & Slate)
- Small - 5 x Balls Smoke & Slate Chunky Merino Wool
- Large - 11 x Balls Smoke & Slate Chunky Merino Wool
- Embroidery Needle