This recipe makes four lotion bars, but you’ll have enough ingredients for more batches! I included links for each ingredient/material below.
- 1 Cup Cocoa Butter (I ordered the 14 oz. natural)
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil (I ordered the palm-based 15 oz.)
- 1 Cup Beeswax (I ordered 1 lb. white)
- ¼ Cup Almond Oil (I ordered the 15 oz.)
- ¼ Cup Avocado Oil (I ordered the 15 oz.)
- ¼ Cup Apricot Oil (I ordered the 15 oz.)
- 40+ Drops Essential Oil (Recommended: Lavender. I got mine at Whole Foods)
- Silicone Mold
- Large Pot & Stainless Steel Bowl OR Double Boiler
- Heat up water in the large pot and place your stainless steel bowl on top. The water in the pot should not touch the bowl. If you have a double boiler, heat up water in the bottom pot.
- Melt Cocoa Butter and Beeswax in the bowl or top pot of your double boiler.
- Once melted, add in Coconut Oil
- Add in Almond, Avocado and Apricot Oil
- Once everything is melted and mixed together, remove from heat
- Add essential oil and pour into molds
- Place the filled mold in the fridge for 3 hours
Note: Because of the beeswax, the bowl will be slightly annoying to clean afterwards, but just scrub with a cloth, warm water and dish soap for a few minutes and it will come off!